Thursday, May 21, 2015

Potty Training


Carter is 3 years 2 months old. Over the past year or so we have tried and failed to potty train him several times as he just wasn't interested. This past Sunday we decided it was time to try again, and this time I made a sticker chart for him. I hadn't tried this in the past and wasn't sure how it would go.

Well it's working! He had 2 accidents on Sunday, 1 Monday morning and as of this morning (Thursday) hasn't had an accident since then. So he has gone 3 full days without an accident now, including being completely dry when getting up the past 3 mornings. He has also gone poop a couple of times on the toilet. I'm so proud of him!! He was obviously finally ready and it just clicked.

We have this Cars potty which can be taken apart and used on the toilet as well. We have been using it on the toilet as I want him to get used to the big toilet. This potty also comes with a button that makes sounds. I deliberately didn't install the button as I thought it would be too much of a distraction for him though. The yellow part that sits on the toilet fits really snuggly on the toilet, which I like. 

Image result for cars potty

We also have this Cars seat that goes on our upstairs toilet. It just sits loosely on the toilet seat, so it slides around quite a bit. Fortunately Carter has gotten used to it moving and can adjust it as needed. However, I would recommend something like the above which actually clips into the toilet seat and doesn't move.

Image result for cars potty seat
Carter tells us most of the time when he has to use the potty and other then helping him with his clothes he insists on doing everything else himself. Getting him to wash his hands after has been quite the challenge though! He used to love washing his hands, but I think he is sick of having to wash them so often now. But hey, if that's our biggest challenge with this I will take it!

Here's hoping he continues to do well. I'm so happy to be done with diapers, at least for a few months until our next little baby is here. 

- Amy





No comments:

Post a Comment